If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Moraea MM 13-196

Seed parent: Moraea tripetala

Pollen parent: Moraea bellendenii













This is a hybrid that's interesting because of what didn't happen. Hybrids with M. tripetala often have prominent stripes on the tepals, and hybrids with M. bellendenii often have dark rings. Combine the two and you get...a plain pale yellow flower, slightly bigger than typical bellendenii. Usually tripetala hybrids are shaped mostly like tripetala, but this one is more like bellendenii. If tripetala weren't the seed parent. I'd probably assume this was a light version of M. bellendenii.

MM 13-196a.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.