If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Moraea MM 13-171

Seed parent: Moraea tripetala 
Pollen parent: Moraea villosa form H














Another really interesting result from a M. villosa X M. tripetala cross. The flowers were difficult to photograph accurately. They look dark because I was trying to reproduce the intensity of the colors. This is the best I could do.

MM 13-171a. The center is yellow, the eye is dark green, there's a nice white ring around the eye, and the tepals are streaked in purple.

MM 13-171b. No white ring, but the colors are even richer than its sibling. I've included two photos with different white balance and brightness settings. The eye color was close to the upper photo, while the tepal color was more like the second photo.


This photo, taken in bright sunlight, shows it off better:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.