If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Moraea MM 13-14

Seed parent: MM 03-98d (M. atropunctata X calcicola)













Pollen parent: Moraea sp. unknown

My records say this was an open pollinated flower that I assumed had selfed. Looking at the flower, I doubt this was self-pollinated. But where the pollen came from, I have no idea. This flowers don't look quite like any other hybrid I've grown.

MM 13-14a.



MM 13-14b. I'm starting to get malformed flowers like this from some of the more complex hybrid crosses. Often I don't even bother to photograph them, but I probably should so I'll have a complete record of what a particular combination produced.


MM 13-14c. Here's another malformed flower. Sorry for the bad focus, but trust me, it doesn't look any better when focused properly.

MM 13-14d. I wish I know what the pollen parent was on this one. The crazy ragged edges around the eyes and the strongly speckled central cup are very distinctive.


MM 13-14e


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.