If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Moraea MM 13-139

Seed parent: Moraea bellendenii 

Pollen parent: MM 10-03d (M. gigandra X (atropunctata? X neopavonia) )














Like many M. bellendenii hybrids, this plant is tall and has a high bud count that lets it bloom for a long time (several weeks). You get regular and flash photos here so you can study the weird double ring where the eye should be, something that shows up in many M. bellendenii hybrids. 

I was hoping for a redder flower than this, but still it's interesting.

MM 13-139a.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.