If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Moraea MM 13-137

Seed parent: Moraea tripetala 

Pollen parent: Moraea calcicola 














It's always fun to see how two species will combine. The flowers are roughly tripetala-shaped, but the eye is dark and the flowers have interesting veins and spots, which M. tripetala seems to induce in many hybrids. The color also varies a bit.

MM 13-137a.

MM 13-137b. The eye is a bit bigger on this one.


MM 13-137c. This one is a bit pinker than the others.

Here's B and C together:

MM 13-137c (2). Showing some spots on the tepals. (Unfortuantely, I labeled both this plant and its sibling form C. I will sort that out when they bloom next year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.