If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Moraea MM 13-133

Seed parent: Moraea tripetala  
Pollen parent: Moraea villosa form D












One thing I've learned over the last few years is, when you mix M. villosa and M. tripetala, good things happen. In this case we've got a dandy looking flower with a teal eye, rings of black, yellow, and purple, and then a slightly speckled and streaked purple tepal. Not the biggest flower ever, unfortunately, but the color scheme is very eye-catching.

MM 13-133a.

This photo was taken in bright sunlight, which changes the color balance:

Here's a photo by Garry Knipe. He's using a different camera, which may account for the differing color, but the eye color is so different that I wonder if this isn't a separate clone.

MM 13-133d. What an interesting flower, with those speckles and light blue-green eyes. Note the contrasting dark inner tepals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.