If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Moraea MM 2019

Seed parent: Moraea unknown
Pollen parent: Moraea unknown

This entry shows plants that bloomed for the first time in 2019, for which I don’t know the parentage. Some are chance seedlings, others are cases where I planted a group of mixed seeds together.

MM 2019a. This one came from a group that I called “crosses with red.” I planted extra seeds from about 10 or 15 crosses that involved reddish parents. Most of the flowers from them haven’t looked particularly special, but this one has a nice bright purple color with a bit of a rosy blush to it.

MM 2019b. Originally labeled 12-91a, but looking at the parents of that cross, there’s no way this is their offspring. It’s probably a seed that dropped from a nearby cross involving M. villosa. I really like the teal eye with a light orange ring around it.

MM 2019c. Originally labeled MM 12-91b, this is another obvious chance seedling involving M. villosa. The eye is a nice blue color, ringed with orange. Where the colors overlap, they turn green.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.