If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Moraea MM 14-176

Seed parent: Moraea neopavonia
Pollen parent:  Moraea villosa form h

Usually this sort of cross would look mostly like M. neopavonia, but in this case I got something that’s not quite like anything else I’ve grown.

MM 14-176a. This flower has an orange tinge when it first opens, but after a couple of days it fades to a creamy flower with a rainbow smear in the middle. Remarkable.


MM 14-176b. This one stays orange, but it still has a bit of that rainbow smear.

MM 14-176c. Wow, this is so different from the others that I wondered at first if it was really from the same cross.

MM 14-176d. This one, which opened a few years later, looks more like form c.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.