If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Gladiolus MM 15-36

Seed parent: MM 11-14b (?)
Pollen parent: MM 11-14d

This is turning out to be a very rewarding cross. I crossed two nicely marked purple flowers and got lovely hybrids with azalea-like color patterns. I made a lot of crosses with the most colorful ones.

MM 15-36a. Some of these change color as the flowers age. I believe the first two photos are younger flowers than the ones that follow.




MM 15-36b. Wow.


Check it out: These three flowers are on the same stalk. When they open the lower tepals are marked in yellow, but as the flowers age the tepals turn red.

MM 15-36c. In any other cross I'd be fascinated by this flower, but it's overshadowed by its flashier siblings.

MM 15-36d. My records say these two are the same plant, but I am not sure.
 

MM 15-36e. I think this is another one that changes color as it ages. Really something.



MM 15-36f

MM 15-36g



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.