If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Moraea MM 13-177

Seed parent: Moraea gigandra 

Pollen parent: Moraea calcicola 














This was my first successful cross of these two purple species, and the results were very nice: They're all rich purple flowers with interesting variations in the central cups.

MM 13-177a. The cups in the outer tepals are nearly black, but the inner ones are pale yellow. A nice contrast.

MM 13-177b. More color balance between the inner and outer tepals, and the central cup is pale orange.

MM 13-177c. The inner tepals are lighter than the outer ones.

MM 13-177d. Probably the brightest orange center of the four plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.