If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Moraea MM 12-44

Seed parent: Moraea villosa form F
Pollen parent: MM 09-04a (M. atropunctata? X M. neopavonia) X (M. atropunctata? X M. neopavonia)












I wanted to get a yellow flower with the villosa color scheme, but so far that hasn't happened. Instead I got an interesting hybrid.

MM 12-44a. There are some unusual things going on here. The tepals are ivory colored, but there's a bright yellow-orange blaze in the middle of the flower. The blue eye is smaller than I'd like, and instead of being a clear blue it's mixed with the orange color, making it kind of greenish. Usually the eye spots don't mix with the background color, so this is an interesting effect. A couple of other hybrids this year had similar color patterns even though they had very different parentage.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.