If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Moraea MM 12-10

Seed parent: MM 03-05b (M. aristata X (atropunctata? x neopavonia))
Pollen parent: Moraea neopavonia with blue eye













I don't remember what I was looking to achieve with this cross. Perhaps I wanted to see whether the blue eye would be carried over into the hybrids. In that case, the answer is"no."

MM 12-10a. I like the two-tone orange coloring in this flower, although it's too bad there's no eye to speak of.

MM 12-10b. This one has an eye, but it's very dark, and otherwise the coloring is bland.


MM  12-10c. Very similar to form A, but the coloring of the style crests is different. These are light orange at the tip, while the crests in form A are cream.



Here are some more flowers that I haven't assigned letters to:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.