If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Moraea MM 11-66

Seed parent: Moraea MM 03-98a (atropunctata calcicola)
Pollen parent: Moraea MM 99-00a (atropunctata neopavonia)

The seed parent is pale purple with spots on the tepals, while the pollen parent is medium orange with a dark center. I've tried several of these crosses, looking to get an orange flower with spots all over. So far I haven't gotten it, but I am starting to get other sorts of flowers with spots.

You can see an inverse of this cross in MM 11-56a, with similar results.

I crossed form a with other hybrids that are starting to show spots: MM 11-50 and MM 11-82. There's been no bloom from those new crosses yet.

MM 11-66a. The flower is very pale yellow (darker at the center) with purple dots on the backs of the tepals and a few dots on the fronts. Like MM 11-50, you get the feeling that the dots want to burst out all over.


MM 11-66b. No significant spots from this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.