If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Moraea MM 11-82

Seed parent: Moraea MM 03-98c
Pollen parent: Moraea MM 99-00a

Pedigree: (atropunctata x calcicola) X (atropunctata x neopavonia)

This is the best of this year’s spotted flowers. The tepals backs are strongly spotted, but there are also spots on parts of the fronts of the tepals. The spots remind me a lot of Moraea atropunctata, although in that species the spots are close to the cup, while these are on the outer parts of the tepal. Weird.

If you look closely, the spots are not aligned with the veins on the flowers. This is different from the streaky flowers like MM 10-02c, whose markings are aligned along the veins. What will happen when I cross the spotted flowers with the streaky flowers? Come back in a couple of years and you’ll find out.

MM 11-82a


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.