If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Moraea MM 11-158

Seed parent: Moraea MM 03-98b
Pollen parent: Moraea villosa form a

Pedigree: (atropunctata x calcicola) X villosa form a (purple tepals, blue eye, orange center)

Moraea villosa often dominates the appearance of flowers where it’s one of the parents, and this is a great example. If MM 03-98b were not the seed parent, I would assume this was a self-pollinated villosa. It’s hard to see what, if anything, MM 03-98b contributed to this plant. Maybe the tepals are a bit fuller than the usual villosa.


MM 11-158a


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.