If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, August 9, 2026

Moraea MM 22-153

Seed parent: Moraea atropunctata
Pollen parent: Moraea 'Zoe' original

This is a cross of two very spotted flowers, and the result is spotted, as expected. I am hoping to use these for further breeding, but so far they seem to be relatively infertile. I will keep trying. For a similar cross that has been very successful as a parent, see MM 12-139.

MM 22-153a



MM 22-153b. The eye is a bit bluer than the others, and I used a flashlight to give you a clearer view.

MM 22-153c



MM 22-153d. Nice dense dots; too bad the flower was starting to close when I photographed it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.