If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, August 9, 2026

Moraea MM 2023

Seed parent: unknown
Pollen parent: unknown

Occasionally I'll get a flower that clearly isn't what it was labeled as, but I have no idea what its parentage could actually be. So I just slap a year and a letter on it. That's what happened with this unusual Moraea hybrid, which has a weird dark greenish eye.

I stare at it and try to think where its characteristics came from. The dark central cup reminds me of M. gigandra, and the spots are a bit like M. atropunctata. There's a slight purplish color in the outer tepals, and the pointy inner tepals are uniformly dark, which is a bit unusual. I have no idea where that came from...

MM 2023a



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.