If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Moraea MM 15-90

Seed parent: Moraea villosa form H
Pollen parent: MM 11-72a (M. tulbaghensis X villosa)

The orange color of M. tulbaghensis usually dominates when you cross it with M. villosa. This is one of a series of crosses in which I combined one of those tulbaghensis-villosa hybrids with a species M. villosa, to see if I'd get a wider variety of colors.

MM 15-90a. And the answer is...kinda'. This is a purpley flower with some orange undertones.

MM 15-90b

GK 1529. Same cross, grown by Garry Knipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.