If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Moraea MM 15-110

Seed parent: Moraea longiaristata with blue spots
Pollen parent: Moraea thomasiae

This is a very interesting little mystery. I've raised several hybrids with M. thomasiae as the apparent pollen parent, but in all cases the flowers have looked nothing like it. This one is clearly a hybrid of some sort, since at least one of them doesn't look exactly like its seed parent, but I can't see any M. thomasiae characteristics in either of them. If anyone has thoughts I'd welcome them.

MM 15-110a


This one doesn't have a letter assigned to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.