If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Gladiolus MM 16-52

Seed parent: Gladiolus watsonius
Pollen parent: Gladiolus MM 11-21e ((Gladiolus gracilis x priorii) X unknown Gladiolus)

This one is interesting. I crossed a scarlet species with a mauve-purple hybrid, thinking it'd get a range of deep reddish flowers. Instead, I got scarlet and orange flowers with weird dark lines on the tepals.

MM 16-52a. I adore the deep scarlet color of this flower in combination with the dark lines in the lower tepals.

MM 16-52b. Much like form a, but without the dark lines.

Other crosses that haven't been issued a letter yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.