If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Babiana MM 11-67

Seed parent: Babiana rubrocyanea
Pollen parent: Babiana curviscapa

I made this cross years ago, but just noticed that I hadn't posted pictures of it. I don't put much effort into hybridizing Babianas, but the species I grow are wonderful, and I think they also have a lot of potential as hybrids.

MM 11-67. This cross has the beautiful red and blue color scheme of the seed parent and the asymmetrical white markings of the pollen parent. I really ought to do some follow-up breeding with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.