If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Gladiolus MM 15-34

Seed parent: Gladiolus MM 11-21b ((Gladiolus gracilis x priorii) X unknown Gladiolus species)
Pollen parent:  Gladiolus MM 11-21c

I am a sucker for flowers with stripes, so these hybrids made me happy.

MM 15-34a. I like the crispness and darkness of the dots and lines on the lower tepals, and the slight yellow blush behind them. The flower is fairly narrow, though, which I don't like.

MM 15-34b. See how much wider this one is? I think that shows off the colors better. The lines are not as bold as in form a, unfortunately, but the flower has an elegant look to it.

MM 15-34c. Narrow flower and kind of muddy colors; this one is not as exciting as the others.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.