If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Moraea MM 12-186

Seed parent: MM 09-04a
Pollen parent: Moraea atropunctata

The parents:

MM 12-186a. The seed parent was bright yellow, so I was hoping for a yellow version of M. atropunctata. Instead, the flowers are pale orange. I am not sure what's going on here. The genetics of yellow vs. orange color in Moraeas appear to be complicated.

You get day and night shots here. The night shots tend to wash out the orange color. The daytime photo is more true to life.

I do like the corkscrew effect in the inner tepals (the thin petals between the main ones).



MM 12-186b. This one is cream-colored instead of yellow, but at least it has some spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.