If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Moraea MM 13-79

Seed parent: MM 10-19 (flaccida X collina)
Pollen parent: MM 10-19 (flaccida X collina)

The parents:


This is an F2 hybrid from a Homeria cross that's almost completely sterile. It refused to set any seeds for a couple of years, but then I noticed a small questionable pod on one of the plants. It had a few seeds in it. I planted them, and they sprouted. I was excited because supposedly F2 hybrids show off those obscure recessive genes. Then one bloomed...

 MM 13-79a. Yeah, it looks almost exactly like the parents! Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.