If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Moraea MM 12-64

Seed parent: Moraea villosa form F
Pollen parent: Moraea vilosa form F

The parents:

GK 1213M. villosa F has a dark blue eye and truly white tepals, not pale lavender like most villosas. I have two slightly different looking forms of it, so I crossed them to see what would happen. Sure enough, I got white tepals with a blue eye. This plant was raised by Garry Knipe from a cross I made.

MM 12-64a. This one I raised from the same batch of seeds. It's similar to Garry's flower, but the eye is a bit larger and lighter. This mysterious pale blue eye color has started to show up in a few hybrids, and it's pretty striking when you first see it in the garden. The green-orange rim around the edge of the eye is less attractive, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.