If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Moraea MM 16-64

Seed parent: MM 11-80a (M. atropunctata x neopavonia) X (atropunctata x calcicola)
Pollen parent: MM 11-15f (M. villosa b X (neopavonia x villosa))

Interesting. This is a cross between a mauvey-colored flower and an orangey one, and I got a couple of sorta-reds. The genetics are probably telling me something here.

MM 16-64a. Looks like this is another chapter in my long-term saga of flowers that are almost bright red, but not really. This and form b first bloomed in 2022.

MM 16-64b

Interesting, this one is very different from the others. It bloomed in 2021, and I originally had it labeled as 16-64a.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.