If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Moraea MM 13-130

Seed parent: Moraea 'Zoe' offspring

Pollen parent: MM 11-161b ((M. atropunctata? X neopavonia) X (neopavonia x villosa))












I had very high hopes for this cross: A brilliantly spotted flower crossed with a hybrid that was a rusty mahogany-red color. What would I get? A red flower with purple dots? A white flower with red dots? Who knows!

MM 13-130a. How about "none of the above"? (With an assist from some snails.) Don't get me wrong, this is a nice flower, and I am intrigued by the hints of blue and purple in the eye. But it's not what I was hoping for.


MM 13-130b. This one looks a lot like form A, but I marked it separately so I'll list it here as a separate form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.