If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Moraea MM 12-106

Seed parent: MM 99-00 (neopavonia X atropunctata)
Pollen parent: Moraea atropunctata

The parents:


MM 12-106a. This poor flower had just been pounded by the rain when I photographed it, but you can see its basic features. I was hoping to get an orange flower with atropunctata spots, but that's not how it turned out. I do like the nearly-triangular shape of the tepals, which came from M. atropunctata.


Here's how it looks when it hasn't been beaten-on by the rain:

MM 12-106b. Nice rich color, and I like the spots on the backs of the tepals.

MM 12-106c. Spots on the backs of the tepals here.

MM 12-106d. Similar to form A, but the markings are subtly different (also, this flower is fresher and hasn't been rained on).

Some other siblings are lighter-colored:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.