If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Moraea MM 11-92

Seed parent: MM 03-98b (atropunctata X calcicola)
Pollen parent: MM 03-98c (atropunctata X calcicola)

Another "F2" cross between two siblings. I'm starting to get some interesting results, but the nicest one died, alas.

MM 11-92a. Reminiscent of the pollen parent (MM 03-98c), but the dots are more spread out across the tepals, the tepals themselves are whiter, and the dots on the backs of them are wider. This looks a bit like a purple version of M. atropunctata, which is pretty cool. I think this one is worth some further breeding.

MM 11-92b. Looks a lot like the parents.


MM 11-92c. Similar to 03-98b, but the center is lighter in color.


MM 11-92d. The flower looked pale pink when seen in person. At the center was a thin light purple ring around a burnt orange cup. This was a very nice-looking little flower. Unfortunately, it had only a single bloom, set no seeds, and then the corm died. So this is the only record that it existed. I'll keep trying.


1 comment:

  1. Spectacular features. Looks like a keeper for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.