If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Moraea MM 11-61

Seed parent: Moraea MM 03-98c (atropunctata x calcicola)
Pollen parent: Moraea gigandra

I was happy that this one bloomed only two years after the cross was made, while the corms were still in the seed cup. Moraeas usually take three years to bloom. Compare to MM 11-101, a similar cross.

MM 11-61a. This was a nice surprise. It has the basic look and shape of Moraea gigandra, but with an orange center that apparently comes from the orange in the center of the seed parent.

MM 11-61b. Similar to form a, but with a white center.

MM 11-61c. I don't know what to think about this one. It's very different from its siblings, and looks a lot like M. villosa.

MM 11-61d. Looks a lot like form b, but with less white in the middle.

MM 11-61e. Could actually be form c. It's hard to tell because my only photo of it was taken at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.