If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Moraea MM 11-101

Seed parent: Moraea MM 03-98a (atropunctata x calcicola)
Pollen parent: Moraea gigandra

This one's very similar to MM 11-61, which is not surprising because the parents are similar. In the plant you see here, the white ring around the blue eye is a bit broader.

I like the tidiness of this flower. There is a nice contrast in colors, and the borders between the colors are crisp.

MM 11-101a

MM 11-101b

MM 11-101c

This one looks more purple than the others, but that's just because the sunlight was bright that day. The center, however, is grayish rather than the orange of the other two offspring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.