If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Moraea GK 1956

Seed parent: MM 15-45a (Moraea 'Zoe' X M. neopavonia 'Summerfield')
Pollen parent: Moraea villosa form O

With such fabulous parents, I was hoping for some very distinctive flowers. These are vibrant, but they look mostly like the pollen parent. I will be interested to see how the next generation of plants in this line turns out.

GK 1956_1

GK 1956_2

GK 1956_3



GK 1956_4

GK 1956_5. Gorgeous blue eyes, including intense spots on the small inner tepals. This flower was badly chewed by insects, but fortunately the pollen was untouched.

Here's a less dramatic photo of the same plant:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.