If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Gladiolus MM 17-98

Seed parent: MM 11-03b (G. violaceo-lineatus X (priorii x gracilis))
Pollen parent: Unknown (maybe MM 11-21; the tag was faded)

There are some very nice flowers in this cross. In my garden they're growing all clustered together in one small area in a raised bed. It's beautiful when they all bloom in the beginning of March.

MM 17-98a. I really like this one: white upper tepals, clear bright lines on the lower tepals. The flower is pretty small, though.

17-98b


17-98c



17-98d


Here are some others...

This one looks a lot like form C, but with denser markings.

I like the vividness of the purple veins on this one. It really grabs your eye.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.