If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Moraea MM 14-187

Seed parent: Moraea villosa form F

Pollen parent: Moraea atropunctata













There's a typical pattern to villosa – atropunctata hybrids:
-The central cup is clear at the outer edge but dark in the center.
-The eye is narrower than in villosa.
-The tepals are wider than usual in villosa.
-And there isn't any sign of spots from M. atropunctata.

That same pattern shows up in these hybrids, with one exception.

MM 14-187a. Nice blue eye.

The eye in the photo below has a different shape, but the photo was marked form A, so I'll leave it here for now.

MM 14-187b. 



MM 14-187c. This one has some spots and streaks in it.

MM 14-187d.

MM 14-187e

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.