If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Moraea MM 13-25

Seed parent: Moraea villosa form F
Pollen parent: Moraea tulbaghensis with blue eye

The parents:

GK 1321. This cross was raised by Garry Knipe from seeds I shared with him. Some of his seedlings are blooming a year earlier than mine; he is an excellent gardener. This flower was just opening when I visited Garry's place. As you can see, the eye is green.

Here's another selection:

Here are a couple that I grew:

MM 13-25b. Nice colors. It's too bad the flower is cupped (a typical problem with tulbaghensis hybrids).

I haven't given a letter to this one. It looks very much like Garry's plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.