If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Moraea MM 12-49

Seed parent: Moraea loubseri
Pollen parent: Moraea gigandra

The parents:

There are several purple species of Moraea. I'm trying to cross them to see how rich I can make the purple color. So far, the results are nice. For a similar cross see MM 12-95.

MM 12-49a. Say you took Moraea loubseri, ironed it flat, and shaved off the black hairs. That's kind of what you get from this cross. I'm sorry for the poor quality of the photo, which was taken at twilight.

MM 12-49b. Similar to form A, but there's no white line in the middle of the tepal. I admire the inky darkness at the center of this flower.


MM 12-49c. Less dark, but also less mysterious. I might like it more if the yellow color in the center were brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.