If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Moraea MM 12-23

Seed parent: Moraea collina (yellow form)
Pollen parent: Moraea elegans (form with orange and green spots)

The parents:

This is one of those impulsive "see what will happen" breeding experiments. The seed parent is pure yellow, while the pollen parent is bright yellow with very prominent green and orange markings. The hybrid between them has green chevrons on the tepals, ranging in darkness from very faint to kind of medium. There is no sign of orange markings. I think the F2 hybrids from this one might be more interesting, but unfortunately these plants have so far been completely sterile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.