If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Friday, November 27, 2015

Gladiolus MM 11-05

Seed parent: Gladiolus MM 00-00c (G. gracilis X G. priorii)
Pollen parent: Gladiolus MM 00-00a (G. gracilis X G. priorii)

This is an F2 hybrid of a cross between blue and red flowers. The parents are both magenta.

MM 11-05a. Looks a lot like a purple version of the parents. Another Alstroemeria-like flower.

MM 11-05b. Magenta but with a little bit of a picotee edge around the lower tepals.

MM 11-05c. Glowing hot pink. Not quite as bright in person as it appears in this photo, but it's still very nice. I like the slightly darker markings on the lower tepals.

MM 11-05d. Dusky magenta with some nice yellow in the throat. I have both of these flowers tagged as the same individual, but the different markings in the throat make me suspect that they are two different clones.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.