If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Gladiolus MM 00-00

Seed parent: Gladiolus gracilis v. gracilis
Pollen parent: Gladiolus priorii

This is one of the first hybrid crosses I created, and it's a nice one. The seed parent is an ice blue flower with dark lines in the throat, while the pollen parent is tomato red. When combined, they make a very nice magenta flower. The selection pictured here has subtle mottling in the tepals that looks to me like a watercolor painting.

MM 00-00a


MM 00-00b. Similar color scheme to form a, but without the watercolor markings.

MM 00-00c


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.