If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Moraea MM 12-125

Seed parent: MM 03-05b (aristata X (atropunctata x neopavonia))

Pollen parent: Moraea atropunctata













These plants are very vigorous, offsetting quickly and crowding together so closely that it's hard for me to identify which corm is which when they are dormant:


Here are three forms I've picked out so far:

MM 12-125a. I was trying for an orange flower with spots, but instead I got this white flower with a precise bright orange center bordered in black, and spots on the backs of the tepals. I'm very happy with it. Because of the colors, this cross reminds me of a white-skinned pumpkin. Usually when I look at one of my hybrids, I think of features I'd like to change. But in this case, I like the flower just the way it is.

I'm very intrigued by the rosy color in the style crests, which are especially prominent in this photo. Compare this to the white crests in form C.


MM 12-125b. This one is orange.

MM 12-125c. A much larger eye than form A, and fewer spots on the back. THe style crests are mostly white..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.