If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Friday, May 8, 2015

Moraea MM 11-72

Seed parent: Moraea tulbaghensis with blue eye
Pollen parent: Moraea villosa form a

As usual for a cross between these two species, the flowers are orange. But what caught my attention was the brightness of the blue eye. Usually the eye in these crosses is relatively dark, sometimes with a metallic sheen to it. But in this case, the eye is a very striking light blue. It's even more attention-grabbing in person than it is in the photo.

MM 11-72a. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of this one during the day, so you're stuck with a night photo. It threw off the color balance a bit, but at least you can see how bright the eye is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.