If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Moraea MM 11-28

Seed parent: Moraea aristata
Pollen parent: Moraea gigandra

A white flower with blue eye was crossed with a purple flower with narrow blue eye. The result is approximately a midpoint between the two plants. Not very spectacular, but the next-generation hybrids might be more interesting.

MM 11-28a. The streaks in the midline of the outer tepal look promising.


MM 11-28b.

MM 11-28c. The tepals of this one are strongly reflexed (bent back).


11-28d. This one is vivid purple but has a bit of the aristata color scheme in the eye, which I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.