If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Moraea MM 11-41

Seed parent: Moraea 03-98c
Pollen parent: Moraea villosa form b (purple tepals, blue eye, yellow center)

Pedigree: (atropunctata x calcicola) X villosa form b

This cross looks mostly like villosa, as commonly happens when that species is involved. But the central cup has the atropunctata look from its seed parent, and the eye is very dark blue. I also like the pale ring around the eye.

Overall, this plant has a clean streamlined look that I like, even though the colors are not spectacular.



MM 11-41a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.