If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Moraea MM 11-35

Seed parent: Moraea 03-07b ((atropunctata neopavonia) X villosa c)
Pollen parent: Moraea 99-00a (atropunctata neopavonia)

This is the offspring of a pale orange flower having a large blue eye, crossed with a mid-orange flower that has a dark eye.  I was hoping to get something with the big eye of MM 03-07b, but instead I got plants with small eyes and an intriguing range of tepal colors.

MM 11-35a has purple veins over a pale orange background. In person it looks mostly violet.

MM 11-35b is a peach color.

MM 11-35c is an intriguing pinkish-orange color.


MM 11-35d is pale orange.

I’d like to get these tepal shades on plants with brightly colored eyes. We’ll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.