If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Moraea MM 14-184

Seed parent: Moraea neopavonia with blue eye

Pollen parent: Moraea calcicola














Hurrah, another first-time species cross! As usual, mixing orange and purple produces pale orange. The F2 crosses from this should be more interesting. The corms of this cross are very vigorous, offsetting heavily and blooming a year earlier than many other crosses

MM 14-184a. The colors are bland, but I like the elegance of this flower. It's worthy of further crosses.


MM 14-184b. 


MM 14-184c.

Not sure if this is the same as form c, or something different.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.