If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Moraea MM 12-176

Seed parent: MM 03-98b (atropunctata X calcicola)









Pollen parent: Moraea neopavonia with blue eye




I was hoping for an orange flower with spots, but I got something that looks like a paler form of M. neopavonia with some of the shape of the seed parent. Nice but not terribly inspiring.

MM 12-176a. Both daytime and night photos.





 MM 12-176b. The central cup is much lighter in this one.

MM 12-176c.


2 comments:

  1. Where did you find the seeds or bulbs for the original plants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Justin.

    Thanks for asking, and I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. I got my original plants from a variety of sources: other growers, seed and bulb suppliers, and plant societies. As of 2019, the best sources for Moraeas are (in my opinion) Silverhill Seeds, Gordon Summerfield, Telos Rare Bulbs, and the Pacific Bulb Society seed exchange. Lifestyle Seeds in South Africa also has some species. You can find contact info for all of them here: https://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/index.php/Sources

    --Mike

    ReplyDelete

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.