If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Moraea MM 11-143

Seed parent: Moraea gigandra
Pollen parent: MM 03-99 (neopavonia X villosa)

The parents:


This one's kind of fun. The cup is orange and black, with a black rim and very narrow dark blue eye. The tepals are very light purple. It's not the most spectacular flower ever, but I like the very high contrast of the colors in the central cup. This plant was raised by Garry Knipe from seeds I bred.

GK 11-143_2. This plant has darker purple tepals, and opens in a funnel shape that flattens out the second day. I like the contrast between the bright purple tepals and the bright orange central cup.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.