If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Moraea MM 11-25

Seed parent: Moraea MM 99-00b (atropunctata x neopavonia)
Pollen parent: Moraea tulbaghensis with blue eye

An orange flower with a dark eye was crossed with an orange flower with a blue eye. As you might expect, we got orange flowers with variable eyes.

MM 11-25a. Nice vivid color, and a weird little double dot on the inner tepals (the big petals). Not spectacular, but I like this one for its quirkiness.

MM 11-25b. The flower was small and kind of mangled-looking. I can't remember what color the eye was, but it wasn't spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.