If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Moraea MM 10-39

Seed parent: Moraea aristata
Pollen parent: Moraea villosa “with blue-green eye” (probably villosa c)

As has happened with other crosses between villosa and aristata, the flowers look mostly like a larger version of villosa. The tepals are almost pure white.

MM 10-39a has a blue eye and orange center.


MM 10-39b has a lemon yellow center and a blue eye edged in purple on the outside. Form B is the closest I’ve come to getting the aristata eye pattern on a larger flower, so I’m doing more breeding with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.