If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Moraea MM 14-139

Seed parent: Moraea neopavonia with blue eye

Pollen parent: Moraea neopavonia 'Summerfield'












In addition to my obvious obsession with Moraea hybrids, I'm doing my best to keep the various species alive in my collection. As part of that process, I crossed M. neopavonia 'Summerfield' with my other favorite M. neopavonia clone. The hybrid came out looking almost identical to 'Summerfield,' which probably tells me something about the genetics of these two selections. But I'm not sure what.

MM 14-139. This cross produced a large number of vigorous seedlings, but they all look almost identical, so I didn't bother assigning them all letters. This particular flower was a little battered due to weather.

MM 14-139a. This one looks more like the non-Summerfield version.

MM 14-139b. This one has mysterious silver-blue eyes.

14-139c




No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.